Career support is a critical part of your time in class, and we aim to make sure you’re equipped and ready to jump into your new career field with confidence!
Here’s a non-comprehensive list of things we’ll cover through group and one-on-one support:
- Resumes – we’ll tear your old one in half, make a new resume that’s current and highlights your new skills, and make several versions.
- Tech Job Descriptions – we’ll go over why job postings are confusing or overwhelming and give you strategies for sifting through each one.
- Company Narratives – you’ll want to make a value proposition for each company, and we’ll help you figure out exactly what they’re looking for.
- Digital Presence – ditch the laughable email, pump up your Linkedin, and create a portfolio on GitHub.
- Cover Letter Workshop – we’ll collectively write an example cover letter based on a real job description, helping you see how it should be done (and how to make it sound like you didn’t copy it straight from Google).
- Mock Interviews – we bring in local employers to challenge you through technical and non-technical questions in preparation for the real thing.
- Head Shots – we make you get a haircut and show up professionally dressed (from the waist up) for a kick-butt, professional level headshot.
We can also advise on powerpoints – but that’s a different story.
ALL students at ARCA receive personalized career support during and after they graduate.
Want to learn more? Apply today on our website!